Foundation for the Future of Delaware County Accepting Grant Applications

DELAWARE COUNTY, Iowa— The Foundation for the Future of Delaware County (FFDC) is now accepting 2017 grant applications.

The application is completely online and will be available at the Foundation’s website www.dbqfoundation.org/FFDC. Applications are due January 31 at midnight.

Nonprofit organizations can apply for grants from the FFDC for projects or programs that address significant community issues and benefit a broad spectrum of the community. Projects must be in Delaware County.

The FFDC awards grants in the areas of Health and Human Services, Education, Neighborhoods and Community Development, Environment; Children, Youth, and Families; and Arts and Culture, including historic preservation.

Preference is given to projects that:

  • address significant community issues
  • present innovative, creative, and practical proposals that build on community strengths
  • present clear work plans that show the ability to achieve the project’s goal
  • focus on strategic innovations that encourage cooperation, create efficiencies and reduce duplication of services
  • develop the leadership potential of the community
  • involve the people served in the planning and implementation of the program
  • demonstrate quality, vision, effectiveness, collaboration and good management
  • provide a plan for sustainability beyond the funding period

Eligible applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or governmental bodies. Other nonprofits with charitable projects may also qualify but must partner with a qualified nonprofit or government body who will serve as a sponsor.

Each year, the FFDC receives funds from the County Endowment Fund Program. The FFDC grants out 75 percent of these funds and invests the remaining 25 percent in a permanent endowment that generates interest to be distributed in future years. This year, these dollars will support over $97,000 in grants to local nonprofit organizations in Delaware County. These grants annually support causes ranging from schools, churches, libraries, butterfly trails, and Boy Scout Camps.

For more information, call FFDC Executive Secretary Bev Rahe at 563.927.3325 or visit www.dbqfoundation.org/FFDC.

Authors
Top