Local News

Couple Hayracks Destroyed by Fire Northwest of Manchester

A couple of hayracks caught on fire just northwest of Manchester on Tuesday.

It happened at the Dave Mickens residence at 1598 197th Street. The Manchester Fire Department says they were called out shortly after 2 pm for a trash fire that caught two hayracks filled with lumber on fire.

Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Graybill says no buildings were lost, but the hayracks were destroyed.

Firefighters were on the scene for about 45 minutes. No injuries were reported.


Back to top button