Local News

One Person Dies in Electrocution Incident in Hazleton

Authorities have released the name of the man who died in an electrocution incident in Hazleton on Wednesday morning.

The Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office says the victim was 51-year old Gregory Brandt of Fairbank.

The Sheriff’s Office says they received a 911 report around 10:45 am of a male that had been electrocuted while trimming a tree in the 200 block of South Street West.

An investigation shows Brandt was utilizing a boom lift to cut down a tree when he came into contact with an overhead power line. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The incident remains under investigation.


Back to top button