Local NewsPhotos

Man Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Fayette County Home

One person died of carbon monoxide poisoning at a Fayette County home on Thursday night.

The Fayette County Sheriff’s Office says they received a 911 call from a home in Waucoma for a medical emergency. First responders, EMS and deputies who responded to the home started experiencing light-headedness – they were transported to local hospitals to be treated for apparent carbon monoxide exposure. 

An investigation determined that four people staying in the home had been running a generator in the basement without proper ventilation. 

A man was pronounced dead at the scene. Two others in the house received medical treatment. Their names have not been released. 

The investigation is ongoing.

 

photo courtesy of Fayette County Sheriff’s Office 

ADVERTISEMENT

Back to top button