Several animals died in a barn fire in Linn County overnight.
The Linn County Sheriff’s Office says a structure fire broke out at 4434 Frozen Hill Road northwest of Anamosa shortly before midnight Tuesday night.
Deputies responded to the scene, along with Anamosa Ambulance and fire departments from Anamosa, Coggon, Central City and Prairieburg.
Emergency personnel arrived on scene to find a barn fully engulfed in flames. The fire then spread to a corn crib and well house. All three structures were destroyed.
The barn that originally caught fire had six goats, one pig and one dog inside – none of the animals survived.
The Sheriff’s Office says it’s believed the fire was started by heat lamps in the barn.