Local News

Linn County Man Treated for Smoke Inhalation after House Fire

A Linn County man was treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire early Sunday.

The Linn County Sheriff’s Office says emergency crews were called to 3180 Pleasant Street in Viola around 4:30 am for a report of a residential fire at the home of Dennis and Jessica Lakose.

Firefighters located a fire in their kitchen and in the kitchen walls. Crews were able to gain control of the fire shortly after arriving. The house was saved, but fire damage was extensive in the kitchen, with heavy smoke damage throughout the home.

Dennis Lakose was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. No one else was injured.

The Springville Fire Department believes the fire started in the kitchen and was caused by an electrical failure.

 

ADVERTISEMENT

Back to top button