AMES, Iowa – Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will host Ag Outlook and Management seminars across the state during the months of November and December.
The program is designed to provide participants with a concise evaluation of current market conditions, expected trends in crop and livestock income potential, and management implications.
Speakers will vary by location but will include Iowa State University state specialists Chad Hart, associate professor in economics and extension grain markets specialist; Alejandro Plastina, assistant professor and extension economist; Lee Schulz, extension livestock economist; and Wendong Zhang, assistant professor and extension economist. This program takes a deep look into the outlook for agriculture in 2017 and provides an opportunity to discuss the current situation with university experts on the Iowa economy.
“This program will discuss the current downturn in the agricultural sector and its impacts on farmers and the ag industry, and present strategies to deal with them,” Zhang said. “Speakers will provide an overview of crop, livestock and land markets, and discuss ag policy.”
The seminars will be held in eleven locations across the state
Spencer – Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 8:30 a.m. Spencer School Administration Building
- LeMars – Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 1:30 p.m. Plymouth County Extension Office
- Altoona – Monday, Nov. 14 at 9 a.m. Polk County Extension Office
- Waterloo – Thursday, Nov. 17 at 9:30 a.m. Hawkeye Community College, Tama Hall Room 102
- Fort Dodge – Thursday, Nov. 17 at 4 p.m. Webster County Extension Office
- Mason City – Friday, Nov. 18 at 1 p.m. NIACC, Muse-Norris Center
- Eddyville – Friday, Dec. 2 at 9 a.m. IHCC Bioprocess Training Center
- Greenfield – Monday, Dec. 5 at 9 a.m. Warren Cultural Center Auditorium
- Iowa City – Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 12:30 p.m. Johnson County Extension Office
- Mt. Pleasant – Thursday, Dec. 8. Henry County Extension Office
- Clarinda – Thursday, Dec. 15. Wibholm Hall
There is a registration fee for the program at most sites that includes a catered meal, refreshments and all training materials. Additional registration information can be found at www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/info/meetings.html.