DYERSVILLE, Iowa–Leaders from the Dyersville Area Community Foundation celebrated endowment growth, grantmaking impact and a thriving philanthropic spirit at its annual grant award celebration.
This year’s celebration marked an important milestone for the Foundation: 10 years of giving.
“We are so excited to be celebrating 10 years of grantmaking,” said Executive Director Nancy Dunkel. “These annual grants would not be possible without the generosity of our neighbors and friends who have given to the Foundation to support a bright future for the Dyersville area.”
Dunkel announced awards totaling $20,000 to the following nonprofits and programs at the celebration held at the Dyersville Golf and Country Club.
- Bi-County Ambulance – $5,000
- Seton Catholic School – $3,000
- City of New Vienna – Athletic Association – $2,500
New Vienna Ball Diamond restroom installation
- City of Farley – $2,000
2017 Ball Field light replacement
- Special Olympics Iowa – East Central Iowa – $1,250
Dyersville Progress Adult Special Olympics
- Dyersville Health Foundation – $1,000
Hercules Bed for Mercy-Dyersville
- Ellen Kennedy Living Center – $1,000
Automated External Defibrillator and training
- Francis Xavier School – $1,000
Computers for kids
- Mount Hope Cemetery – $750
Hope Cemetery Restoration
- Area Residential Care – $700
Dyersville Safety System
- Dyersville Community Commercial Club – $650
Playground mulch for Commercial Park
- New Vienna/Luxemburg Community Fire Department – $500
- Dyersville Area Chamber of Commerce – $350
- Joseph’s Childcare Center – $300
The DACF grantmaking program was established more than ten years ago and is made possible by donations from community members to the DACF Endowment. Annual payouts from this endowment fund have supported a total of $56,000 in grants to local nonprofits. This fund combined with payouts from endowment funds established by donors and nonprofits at the Foundation distributed nearly $61,460 to nonprofits in 2017.
Alliant Energy, Black Hills Energy, Casey’s General Store, Honkamp Krueger & Co., P.C. and Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative sponsored accommodations for the annual meeting.
The Dyersville Area Community Foundation connects donors with philanthropic causes they love. Gifts to the DACF endowment are eligible for Endow Iowa, a 25% state tax credit. For more information, visit www.dbqfoundation.org/DACF or call 563-599-7094.