Manchester Fire Department Responds to Smoke Calls

The Manchester Fire Department made a couple of calls this week.

Firefighters were called out to 136 Gay Street on Wednesday afternoon for a smoke alarm that had activated. Fire Chief Mike Ryan says the cause was steam from a hot water leak in an upstairs apartment.

And the fire department responded to a home at 717 East Butler Street on Thursday morning. The owner, Cory Hood, had reported smelling smoke. Ryan says it was caused by a furnace motor that had failed.