Delaware County Conservation is offering five different summer day camps for children ranging from ages 3-12 beginning in June. All camps will be held at Baileys Ford Park, Manchester. Registrations are due 1 week prior to the camp date and forms are available from their website at http://www.co.delaware.ia.us/ just follow the link for Conservation Summer Camps or contact the Delaware County Conservation Office at 563-927-3410 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camps offered are:
- Wonderful World of Plants & Animals for ages 3-4; there must be an adult that accompanies the child. This is a 2-day camp held on June 10 & 12 from 9-11 am with a $10 registration fee. At this camp we will use our senses while hiking to discover differences in plants and to find creatures living in the woods.
- Nature Art – Earth Friendly Craft for ages 5-6. This is a 2-day camp held on June 17 & 18 from 9am-12pm with a $15 registration fee. At this camp you will discover your creativity by using items from nature as your inspiration for various projects that you will create and take home.
- Birds of a Feather ages 8-12. This is a 1-day camp held on June 20 from 9am-2pm with a $15 registration fee. You will use binoculars to discover birds in the woods and grassy areas. We will listen to bird calls and build a birdhouse to take home. You will need to bring a sack lunch.
- Adventures with Soil & Water for ages 7-8. This is a 2-day camp held on June 24 & 26 from 9am-1pm with a $15 registration fee. Prepare to dig in the dirt and to get wet in the water! In this interactive camp we will explore soil conservation techniques and engage with water quality. You will need to bring a sack lunch.
- Our 1st Residents; Native Americans ages 9-12. This is a 2-day camp held on July 15 & 17 from 9am-2pm with a $15 registration fee. This camp will be held in a teepee! Did you know that Native Americans once lived in this area! We will get to know their culture and customs. You will need to bring a sack lunch.
Some camps will be held around water and hiking trails. Camps will be held rain or shine – in water or dirt. Please dress accordingly. Camp space is limited, to reserve your spot sign up early by returning your registration form along with the registration fee to Delaware County Conservation, 2379 Jefferson Rd, Manchester, IA 52057.