A fire damaged an apartment complex in Independence on Saturday.
Firefighters were called to the 100 block of 6th Avenue Southeast around 4:15 pm. The Independence Fire Department says they found heavy smoke and fire coming from the roof of the apartment complex.
Crews worked to knock down the fire and make sure everyone was out of the building.
No injuries were reported.
Our news partner, KCRG, says four families were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross has stepped in to assist.
The preliminary cause of the fire is believed to be a faulty air conditioner.