Some Coggon Residents Evacuated from Homes Due to Gas Leak

A couple dozen Coggon residents had to be evacuated from their homes after a gas leak Friday night.

The Linn County Sheriff’s Office says it happened around 8:15 pm.

Emergency personnel arrived in Coggon to find a gas line outside an apartment building on Main Street had been broken and was leaking natural gas.

About 25 residents in the area were evacuated from their homes for about an hour and a half while Alliant Energy fixed the leak.

The Sheriff’s Office says one person was transported to a local hospital for complaints of chest pain.