One person was transported to the hospital after a house fire in Dubuque County on Saturday night.
The Dubuque County Sheriff’s Office says they were called to 4216 Hilken Hill Road south of Dubuque around 6 pm. The fire was out when they arrived.
The owner of the home, 65-year old Margaret Hoffman, was transported to Mercy Hospital for difficulty breathing.
Her home sustained several thousand dollars’ worth of smoke and fire damage.
The Sheriff’s Office says the fire appeared to have started in the area of the microwave and is not believed to be suspicious.
The incident remains under investigation.