Around a dozen flu shot clinics will be held around Delaware County in October, with the first one getting underway this Thursday.
Delaware County Public Health will give flu shots at the Neighborhood Retreat in Manchester on Thursday from 9 to 11 am. Public Health Nurse Krystle DeShaw says this year has been a whirlwind, but everyone needs to remember to get their annual flu shot.
And with COVID-19, the flu shot clinics will look a little different this year.
Here is a list of the flu shot clinics that will be held this fall:
- Ryan Fire Station on October 4th from 9 to 11 am
- Hopkinton Community Center on October 5th from 10 to 11:30 am
- Greeley Commercial Club on October 6th from 10 to 11:30 am
- Regional Family Health in Strawberry Point on October 9th from 9 to 11 am
- Earlville United Parish on October 12th from 10 to 11:30 am
- Delhi United Methodist Church on October 13th from 10 to 11:30 am
- Dundee Fire Station/Community Center on October 14th from 10 to 11:30 am
- Colesburg Community Center on October 20th from 10 to 11:30 am
- Edgewood City Hall/Library on October 27th from 10 to 11:30 am
Remember, appointments are required this year. To make an appointment for any of those flu shot clinics, call 927-7551.
Flu shots will also be offered at Regional Family Health in Manchester October 1st through the 29th on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 7 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to noon. To make an appointment for one of those times, call 927-7777.
The flu shot clinics are open to all ages. And the flu shots are free with your Medicare card and are covered by most insurances.