Manchester firefighters responded to a fire at the Southtown Apartments on Saturday night.
Fire Chief Mike Ryan says they were called out to the building in downtown Manchester around 8:30 pm. He says a fire broke out in one of the apartments, caused by combustible materials that were too close to a stove.
The Manchester Police Department helped evacuate everyone from the building.
That apartment sustained fire and smoke damage. There was minimal smoke in the rest of the building and the other apartments.
The tenant who suffered the fire was able to stay in another apartment the owner had available. Ryan says everyone else returned to their apartments.
Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour and a half. They were also assisted at the scene by RMC EMS, Delhi and Delaware Fire, Alliant Energy and Black Hills Energy.