Today is Election Day! Not only are voters making a choice for President, but there are several federal, state, county and local races as well.
Republican U.S. Senator Joni Ernst faces Democratic challenger Theresa Greenfield, with Libertarian Rick Stewart and Suzanne Herzog (no party) also on the ticket.
In District 1, Democratic U.S. Congresswoman Abby Finkenauer is being challenged by Republican State Representative Ashley Hinson.
State Senate races include…
Republican Dan Zumbach running for re-election against Democrat Eric Green in District 48.
Republican Mike Klimesh facing Democrat Matt Tapscott in District 28.
Republican Craig Johnson faces Democrat Pam Egli in District 32.
State House races include…
Republican Lee Hein running for re-election against Democrat Everett Chase in District 96.
Democrat Andy McKean is running for re-election against Republican Steven Bradley in District 58.
Republican Shannon Lundgren running for re-election against Democrat Ryan Patrick Quinn in District 57.
Democrat Kayla Koether is being challenged by Republican Michael Bergan in District 55.
Republican Anne Osmundson facing Democrat Angela Reed in District 56.
Republican Chad Ingels faces Democrat Jodi Grover in District 64.
Democrat Christian Andrews is running against Republican Charlie McClintock in District 95.
County races include…
Harley Pothoff and David Baker for Dubuque County Supervisor
Ray Allen Peterson and Lester Simons for Clayton County Supervisor
Janell Bradley and Jon Bushaw for Fayette County Supervisor
Joe Payne and Clayton Ohrt for Buchanan County Supervisor
John Stuelke and Louie Zumbach for Linn County Supervisor
And in Jones County, John Schlarmann and Wayne Manternach are running for Jones County Supervisor District 1, with Jeff Swisher and Stuart Adams running for Jones County Supervisor District 5. Whitney Hein and Sarah Power are running for Jones County Auditor.
Delaware County’s races on the county level are all unopposed, with County Supervisors Jeff Madlom and Pete Buschmann, County Auditor Carla Becker and County Sheriff John LeClere running for re-election. There are also candidates for County Hospital Trustee, County Agricultural Extension Council and Soil and Water Conservation Commissioners, as well as several judicial contests.
Polls will be open from 7 am to 9 pm today.
In Delaware County, all twelve precincts will be open. Here’s a look at those polling places:
- Adams/Hazel Green Townships vote at Ryan City Hall
- Colony Township votes at the Colesburg Community Center
- Delaware Township votes at the Delaware County Rec Center
- Delhi Township/City of Delaware votes at St. John’s Parish Hall in Delhi
- Honey Creek/Elk Townships vote at St. Mark’s Parish Center in Edgewood
- Manchester’s 1st Ward votes at the Manchester Fire Station
- Manchester’s 2nd Ward votes at the Delaware County Community Center
- Manchester’s 3rd Ward votes at Seibert Park Memorial Hall
- Milo/Prairie Townships vote at the Delaware County Conservation Building
- Oneida/North Fork/Bremen Townships vote at the Earlville Civic Center
- Richland/Coffins Grove Townships vote at the Dundee Community Center
- South Fork/Union Townships vote at the Hopkinton Community Center
We’ll have live election coverage tonight on KMCH – starting with CBS national coverage at 7 pm, along with Radio Iowa News’ state updates and local updates from News Director Janelle Tucker at 9 pm.