The City of Monticello is asking residents to conserve water.
Monticello’s water usage is up 20% – and with the current drought conditions, they’re asking everyone to please assist the City by trying to conserve water.
A few ways you can conserve water include:
- Shutting off the water while brushing your teeth
- Only doing full loads of laundry
- Only running the dishwasher when its full
- Taking shorter showers
- Fixing faucets that may have small leaks
- Don’t overwater your lawn or plants
After three weeks without any substantial rainfall, there is a chance we’ll see some rain today – the National Weather Service says heavy rain is a possibility if storms develop tonight.