Authorities have released the name of the man who died in an electrocution incident in Hazleton on Wednesday morning.
The Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office says the victim was 51-year old Gregory Brandt of Fairbank.
The Sheriff’s Office says they received a 911 report around 10:45 am of a male that had been electrocuted while trimming a tree in the 200 block of South Street West.
An investigation shows Brandt was utilizing a boom lift to cut down a tree when he came into contact with an overhead power line. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident remains under investigation.