Local News

Dyersville House Likely Total Loss after Wednesday Fire

A Dyersville home is likely a total loss following a house fire on Wednesday.

The fire broke out shortly before 6 pm at a single-family home at 115 Fifth Street Northeast. Dyersville Fire Chief Jeremy Honkomp says the resident was home when the fire started, but made it out safely and unharmed.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, fire was already coming out the front windows of the house on the main floor. Chief Honkomp says they were able to do a defensive attack to knock it down and then a quick interior attack to finish extinguishing the fire. But he says the home is more than likely a total loss. 

Officials believe the fire was started by an electrical malfunction. 

The Dyersville Fire Department was on the scene for about two hours and was assisted by Bi-County Ambulance, the Dubuque County Sheriff’s Office and Dyersville Police.

ADVERTISEMENT

Back to top button